Most of the operating entities within the aviation segment provide scheduled airline service and emergency medical services and related services to communities located in Manitoba, Ontario and Nunavut, including certain First Nations communities. In providing those services the aviation segment utilizes both fixed and rotary wing aircraft. These air transportation services are provided by the segment’s five niche airlines. The aviation segment also includes Regional One, as described below, which is an after-market parts supplier to regional airlines around the world.
- Calm Air is a regional airline serving the northern part of Central Canada, including northern Manitoba and Nunavut, with frequent daily scheduled passenger and cargo flights. Calm Air also operates unit-toll freighter and cargo charter operations.
- Perimeter Aviation specializes in scheduled passenger, medical transport services and cargo services to locations within northern Manitoba. It also operates a contract and executive charter service.
- Bearskin Airlines provides a regional scheduled and charter service that covers the key cities in northern Ontario and links major centres in Manitoba and Ontario with a number of smaller communities.
- Keewatin Air focuses on providing superior medical transport services in Nunavut and northern Manitoba. It also provides chartered and scheduled passenger airline and freight services to the Nunavut region.
- Custom Helicopters provides a variety of rotary wing services mainly within Manitoba and Nunavut, primarily for customers within hydro, mining and government industries.
- Regional One is a business focused on supplying regional airline operators around the world with various after-market aircraft, engines and other component parts. It generates revenue through direct and consignment sales, and through leasing arrangements.
The operating entities within the Specialty Manufacturing segment provide a wide variety of products and services relating to manufactured metal to customers in a large range of industries and geographic regions.
- Stainless Fabrication is a custom designer and manufacturer of stainless steel tanks, vessels and processing equipment, which are sold throughout theUnited States.
- Water Blast designs and manufactures specialized heavy duty pressure washing and steam systems, and is also the exclusive distributor in Alberta, British Columbia, a portion of Southeastern Saskatchewan, and the State of North Dakota for Hotsy pressure cleaning equipment.
- Overlanders Manufacturing manufactures precision sheet metal and tubular products serving British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest Region of the United States.
- Jasper Tank manufactures custom tanks for the transportation of oil, gas, water and sewage and is located in Alberta.
The Infrastructure segment consists of the operations of WesTower which is a manufacturer, installer, and maintenance service provider of communication towers and sites in Canada. The operations of WesTower are focused on the engineering, design, manufacturing and construction of these towers.