Most of the operating entities within the aviation segment provide scheduled airline and charter service and emergency medical services to communities located in Manitoba, Ontario and Nunavut, including certain First Nations communities. In providing those services the aviation segment utilizes both fixed and rotary wing aircraft. These air transportation services within central and northern Canada are provided by the segment’s five niche airlines: Calm Air, Perimeter Aviation, Bearskin Airlines, Keewatin Air, and Custom Helicopters. Scheduled airline and charter services are also provided in Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Quebec by Provincial Airlines, one of the businesses operated by Provincial Aerospace. The aviation segment also includes Regional One, which is an after-market parts supplier to regional airlines around the world, and Provincial Aerospace, which is a global leader in intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and maritime patrol aircraft operations and systems.
- Calm Air is a regional airline serving the northern part of Central Canada, including northern Manitoba and Nunavut, with frequent daily scheduled passenger and cargo flights. Calm Air also operates unit-toll freighter and cargo charter operations.
- Perimeter Aviation specializes in scheduled passenger, medical transport services and cargo services to locations within northern Manitoba. It also operates a contract and executive charter service.
- Bearskin Airlines provides a regional scheduled and charter service that covers the key cities in northern Ontario and links major centres in Manitoba and Ontario with a number of smaller communities.
- Keewatin Air focuses on providing superior medical transport services in Nunavut and northern Manitoba. It also provides chartered services to the Nunavut region.
- Custom Helicopters provides a variety of rotary wing services mainly within Manitoba and Nunavut, primarily for customers within hydro, mining and government industries.
- Regional One is a business focused on supplying regional airline operators around the world with various after-market aircraft, engines and other component parts. It generates revenue through direct and consignment sales, and through leasing arrangements.
- Provincial Aerospace operates three distinct businesses across the aerospace, airline and aviation sections. Provincial Aerospace is a global leader in intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and maritime patrol aircraft operations and systems. As a vertically integrated aerospace and defense business, Provincial Aerospace designs, modifies, maintains and operates custom sensor equipped maritime patrol aircraft in Canada, the Caribbean and the Middle East. Provincial Airlines is an independent airline that has been operating for over 40 years in Eastern Canada providing scheduled, charter and cargo services. Provincial Airlines operates scheduled and charter flights in Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. In addition, Provincial Airlines operates Innu Mikun Airlines, a partnership with the Innu First Nations of Labrador, which services the coastal communities of Labrador. PAL Aviation Services operates fixed base operations at two locations, Halifax, NS and St. John’s, NL. Additional services include aircraft refueling, ground handling and aircraft facilities.
The operating entities within the Manufacturing segment provide a wide variety of manufactured goods and related services to customers in a large range of industries and geographic regions.
- Stainless Fabrication is a custom designer and manufacturer of stainless steel tanks, vessels and processing equipment, which are sold throughout the United States.
- Water Blast designs and manufactures specialized heavy duty pressure washing and steam systems, and is also the exclusive distributor in Alberta, British Columbia, a portion of southeastern Saskatchewan, and the State of North Dakota for Hotsy pressure cleaning equipment.
- Overlanders Manufacturing manufactures precision sheet metal and tubular products serving British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest Region of the United States.
- Jasper Tank manufactures custom tanks for the transportation of oil, gas, water and sewage and is located in Alberta.
- WesTower Communications manufactures, engineers, designs, installs and maintains communication towers and sites in Canada.
- Ben Machine Products a leading manufacturer that provides complex precision-machined components and assemblies primarily for the aerospace and defence industry.