WesTower Communications (“WesTower”) consists of operating entities for the United States market and Canadian market. It was founded in 1990 as a designer and builder of tower structures. It’s currently the largest wireless communications services firm in North America with over 30 offices and 1,000 employees.
The company’s operations have expanded beyond that to include the following:
- construction of tower structures
- fabrication of tower structures
- professional services that provide complete services, including acquiring the tower site, architectural and engineering, project management, and staff augmentation
- technical services on existing towers
- a combination of all of the above
- disaster recovery that provides temporary cellular towers to disaster areas with damaged infrastructure
WesTower is also known in its industry for its focus and success rates for safe work places for its employees. The mission of WesTower can be summarized as: Safety, Quality, and Productivity. The safety and health of their employee’s is considered to be the most significant factor for WesTower’s success. Quality means doing all tasks correctly, the first time, every time. Performing work correctly means doing it safely.
WesTower gives its customers an ability to work in unique locations and under unique circumstances. This includes designing and constructing towers in communities with stringent conditions around the appearance of towers. As a result, towers are designed to be stealth and fit in with the geographic area such as a flag pole, a church steeple, a cactus or the replica of a monument.
The main customers of WesTower are the major telecommunication companies within Canada and the United States. These customers deal with WesTower’s services in constructing new towers, moving existing towers, and upgrading or changing the equipment on existing towers.
For more information about this service visit www.westower.com.
(WestTower Communications Inc. was acquired by the Company in April 2011.)